Here, in Natarāja Yoga Center, we strive to cultivate a community that is supportive, without judgment, where everyone fits in and can realize their full potential! We recognize that people approach life differently. We are here for you, whether you are looking to be part of something larger or just want to pass through and take time out of your busy day to still your mind and calm your nerves.
Natarāja Yoga Center is an environment allowing everyone to be empowered, look inward and smile!
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience a better one.
Some basic and helpful tips to get started with yoga:
• Take a deep breath out: Often we equate yoga with some tough, limb-twisting poses. And aren’t you sometimes concerned that: “I can’t even touch my toes, how can I do yoga?” Yoga is not about touching your toes… It’s a simple process of uniting with yourself, using your breath, body and the mind. So, never mind if you’re not Ms or Mr Flexible, or you’re venturing into yoga at the age of 40 or 50! The only one watching you is yourself – so just relax… The journey will be enjoyable and relaxing…
• If you have a medical condition, please inform us. It will help us customize your yoga posture practice.
• Wear comfortable clothing that will help you in your practice and avoid wearing belts or excessive jewellery.
• Please refrain from wearing perfume, some students are sensitive to fragrance.
• It is advised to practice at least 2-3 hours after your last meal. Also it’s advised to at least have three to four litres of water during the day as it will help you to flush out the toxins out of the body which are released during your yoga practice.
• We practice yoga in bare feet so please leave your shoes in the special space at the entrance of our Center.
• Please turn off all cell phones.
• Every yoga posture is unique, like you.. Avoid comparing yourself to other students in the yoga class. Remember that each body type is unique and different people are at different levels of expertise. Some might easily perform a particular asana, while the others may need a little more time and practice to get there.Therefore, don’t feel pressurized and remember that you are practising for yourself!
• Shh… savasana. It’s the most important part of the practice. It is a good idea to lie down for a few minutes, as it helps cool down the body and consolidate the energy produced through yoga posture practice. Don’t skip it!
• And most important of all, smile and have fun!
Happy practicing, yogis!